Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Stuff My Brain Says #50

On the drive to work, listening to podcasts and worship music (the practice songs for this coming Sunday), I found that I was angry and bitter about the news this morning. I had rants going on, some in my head, some verbal, concerning the end of the Republican "ideal" - that being limited government, less spending, and a strong standing in the world - amongst other things.

And then the Holy Spirit gently, as He always does, spoke to me. I turned off the audio system and prayed. The reason I felt so angry and bitter concerning this was that, for the majority of the last four years, I have NOT prayed for those in authority over me. The fault for my feelings is not external, it is internal. If I would have been praying more, and bitching less, I would have faced the outcome - no matter what it was - with peace.

Should I have been concerned during the last four years? Yes. Should I have voiced my opinion? In both conversations and my blog. Should I have strived for what I thought was right? Absolutely. But I should have ALSO prayed.

So, "Lord, I pray for those in authority over me - at the city, state, and national levels. Give them wisdom. Give them an ear to listen to Your voice. Give them a heart willing to be led by Righteousness. Protect them and their families. And Lord, give them Your peace."

© Emittravel 2012

1 comment: