Saturday, August 24, 2013

I Am Here for You


My ear is yours
            scream if you want to
My shoulder is yours
            cry if you want to
My hand is yours
            hold on if you want to
My mouth is yours
            be encouraged if you want to
My heart is yours
            be comforted if you want to

Be your pain
            physical
            emotional
            social
I am here for you

Be your sorrow
            immobilizing
            paralyzing
            debilitating
I am here for you

My ear
            shoulder
            hand
            mouth
            heart
            are yours

Always
 
J.P. Wiegand
©Emittravel 2005

Words of encouragement to a hurting friend. I wanted her to know that she isn't alone; nor does she have to suffer alone.

It's humbling when someone opens up to you and shares their pain with you. As the saying goes, "sorrow shared is halved - joy shared is doubled". Makes being a friend all the more significant. -j.p.
 
©Emittravel 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment