Sunday, August 2, 2015

Stuff My Brain Says #74

I think I figured out why the United States government wants former CIA employee Edward Snowden, currently living in Russia (a.k.a. "asylum"), to stand trial. It's not that he (only) leaked classified government documents, or that he exposed the NSA's multiple global surveillance programs. I think that the most embarrassing thing that Mr. Snowden did was give credence to the aluminum-foil wearing conspiracy theorists. Before the leaks, the government could get on CNN or FOX, two very credible 24-hour news services (I'm sorry - I couldn't even WRITE that without smirking) and laugh off anything the paranoid "truthers" would say.

You know the old joke: It's not paranoia if they really ARE watching you.

© Emittravel 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment