Sunday, September 24, 2017

In Your Embrace

The following was originally posted on Renderosity.com on September 19, 2005:

In Your Embrace

Warm hands.
Soft skin.
Tender heart.
I lose myself
(and find myself)
deep in your embrace.
You’ve captured
my thoughts,
and made them
your own.
So much alike,
in love and ideas.
A mirror image
that’s a window to the soul.
If I be asleep,
and you just a dream,
smother my life,
that the dream might not end.
Be this the guidance
of simple fantasy,
or the loving hand
of the Lord above,
I pursue you with vigor.
To surrender my heart,
place them as one.
So one may nourish
the other
(So the other may nourish
the one).
That the two will blossom
on a single stem.
Let me hold you in my arms,
to feel the beat of your heart.
For mine grows faster;
enquickened with love.
When you look into my eyes,
press your lips softly to mine,
and hold me deep
in your embrace.
J.P. Wiegand
© Emittravel 1989

The words you have just read describe the woman I'm about to spend the rest of my life with. She is truly an answer to my prayers. For years now, I have prayed, "Lord, prepare me for my mate, as you prepare her for me." I've (jokingly) thought that she MUST need a lot of work - it was taking so long! (The truth of the matter? It was I who needed the work.) At our 20 year reunion, Lisa and I connected. We knew OF each other in high school, but didn't KNOW each other. Since our reunion, we have definitely gotten to each know one another. So close we have become, that on Friday, September 16th, I proposed marriage - and she (I'm humbled to say) accepted my proposal and has agreed to honor me as my wife.

This one is for you, my love! I give you my forever - this day and always. With all of my heart I am yours. You are the sweetest poem ever written. I am in awe of you. I love you! -j.p.

© Emittravel 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment