Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dreaming of You

The following is the first poem I ever wrote. It was back in 1984. I was at the Naval Training Center in San Diego, CA taking a 13 week course to work as a radioman. Enjoy!




Dreaming of You

When I tell you
that I love you,
I am telling you
that I am giving you
my heart...
My life,
of which I can
offer you
no greater gift.

You are always
on my mind.
As I awaken
in the morning,
the look
in your eyes
is the first thing
my mind
can picture.

I long to awaken
and not have to picture
those eyes,
but to actually see them
as I awaken.

I long to kiss
your lips.
The taste of which
I scream for.
To hold you again.
To feel you
in my arms.
To love you.

J.P. Wiegand

©Emittravel 1984
 
No matter the circumstance, being separate from the one you love creates a longing that rivals all others. Every moment, either awake or asleep, belongs to the one who holds your heart.

Sometimes I wonder - does she dream of me?

-j.p.

©Emittravel 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment